Development and Communications Associate Job Announcement
The Development and Communications Associate serves as the organization’s point person for fundraising. This position reports to the Executive Director and works with the Communication Coordinator as well as the Development Committee to generate and execute a variety of fundraising strategies intended to grow Arundel Rivers Federation’s capacity to fulfill its mission. This role involves organizing large- and small-scale fundraising initiatives and events, managing our donor management system, and grant-writing. A portion of this position will be in support of the Federation’s printed, digital and social media needs.
- Identifying, evaluating, and managing fundraising campaigns and activities;
- Working closely with the Executive Director, Development Committee, and volunteers to implement fundraising activities;
- Identifying and stewarding prospective donors;
- Assisting the Executive Director with identifying and writing grants;
- Preparing development/fundraising reports at the request of the Executive Director and Board of Directors;
- Creating printed and digital solicitation and outreach materials;
- Communicating with donors and the community via email, phone or social media;
- Other administrative tasks as necessary;
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Knowledge of the non-profit community and fundraising;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience with Salesforce software is a plus
- Experience in social media platforms is strongly preferred;
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Time management and flexibility with job duties;
- Creative, self-starter attitude;
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to a small team
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (preferred)
- Salary: $40,000-$50,000
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Simple IRA
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- Dog Friendly Office
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Development and Communication Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until September 25, 2019.
Arundel Rivers Federation is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.